Women in the NAACP (WIN) is an official committee of the NAACP. The purposes of WIN are:
- to enhance the leadership role of women
- to serve as an advocacy vehicle for issues affecting women and children
- to advocate for the positive development of children
- to support the on-going work of the NAACP and its units, especially civil and cultural activities to enhance membership
Each region has a coordinator designated as Regional Vice Coordinator. Each state shall designate a WIN State Chair. Each local NAACP branch may establish a WIN chapter.
WIN’s national theme is “Outstretched Hands and Open Hearts to Women and Children.”
- WIN membership is open to any person who is an active member of the NAACP upon payment of the WIN membership fee.
- Membership dues are ten dollars for regular members, of which five dollars will go to the local WIN Unit.