The NAACP is dedicated to accelerating economic growth in our communities and eliminating existing racial and ethnic economic disparities.
- Get Involved — Ask your local branch whether Economic Empowerment programs are available, and if not, become a part of the solution and volunteer to help establish an Economic Empowerment program in your community
- Make Informed Choices — Read the 2008 Economic Reciprocity Report Card and support companies that financially support the African American community
- Support minority-owned businesses — Spend your money wisely and support minority-owned businesses
- Educate yourself – Read the newspaper and visit the websites listed above to ensure that you are fully informed about current financial and economic issues
- Share your knowledge – Talk to your friends and/or children about saving money and acquiring wealth
- Speak up for children – Advocate for the inclusion of a financial literacy component in the public school curriculum
Center for Responsible Lending